It’s time to think about November content for your hotel’s Facebook page, Twitter feeds and Google+ profile. Here are some ideas to help you find more to talk about than just Black Friday this November.
American Diabetes Month – Highlight healthy options from your complimentary continental breakfast and on your restaurant menus. Discuss your fitness center, indoor pool or outdoor heated pool. Discuss healthy options in your area such as free guest passes to local gyms or that your area is still warm enough to get out and enjoy trails or running on the beach.
National Novel Writing Month – Reach out to writers groups to plan their next retreat at your property. Connect with book clubs and offer to host their next event to gain exposure for your hotel for local social business.
Peanut Butter Lovers Month – Ask fans to share their most creative use for peanut butter in their kids lunches.
No Shave November for Charity/“Movember” – Ask fans to share photos of their no shave efforts. Ask local businesses that are letting their team members participate to share. Highlight businesses that are letting their team members participate. Register teams for “Movember”.
Last minute holiday parties – Dates still open in your event space? Post last minute holiday party special offers.
Holiday lead-ins: Post countdowns to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas. These will work particularly well if you have special social-media only offers and promotions for these holidays.
Dates of Interest
- November 3rd – Daylight Savings Time ends reminder post with a fun theme.
- November 5th – Election day
- November 8th – National Cappuccino Day – a great one for Courtyard properties with Bistros!
- November 11th – Veterans day; highlight community celebrations.
- November 25th – National Eat with a Friend Day. How about a 2 for 1 special in your restaurant? Or free dessert with purchase of two entrees?
- November 27th – Hanukkah begins at sundown. Let us know if this is relevant for your market.
- November 28th – Thanksgiving
- November 28th/29th – Black Friday – Do you have a special offer and booking link you would like us to post? Are you in a shopping area that may experience additional demand? Could you post a special shopping rate and promote in the weeks leading up to Black Friday?
- November 4 – 8 Marriott properties – Post follow up photos to Marriott Global Customer Appreciation Week.
- Remember to share team holiday celebrations.
- Is your brand doing anything new and exciting? Do you have special holiday beverages in your food and beverage outlets? Tell your social media following! Send pics for us to post!